Friday, November 27, 2009

Feeling that can't be expressed..


I was at 25th wedding anniversary of my dad’s friend who is a person of British citizenship and the party hall was filled with mostly families along with 2-3 school-going-aged kids, a group of socialite ladies, a couple of couples not-yet-wed and some just-wed and of course some stags who just sit and stare at the couples as if that's their birthright.

The hostess was trying her best to get the people to the dance floor. And guess which first pair that made the move was?

A couple with silver hair. A couple whose combined age would be not less than 150. TRULY OLD DUET..

They could have been just another old couple you would usually see going for small strolls or just sitting around in the park watching their grandchildren play hide and seek and take for granted.

But this couple was special. The old man was the first one on the dance floor with his wife in his arms. They started dancing with each other as if that was their last night together. Their night floating off in the elegant evening bliss,facing each other in silence,chasing the morning dew,wonderful glow that warmed in their soul and heaven up above it was.The way they were waltzing and jiving and enjoying each other was a sight to behold.

I prayed....If I could be so much in love by someone when I have lost all my teeth, I know I'd be the happiest woman on this planet.

3 comments: