Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Hmmm, that needs some thought!


I don't really mind crowded trains. I secretly enjoy listening to my co-passengers discussing their holiday plans and what they had for dinner. I also get pleasure watching hapless moms and dads trying to pacify their wailing one year old who seems to have a secret plan of his own to force everyone on the train to ask for earplugs.

I was on a train last Sunday (more on that coming up) and as expected, the train was full. The family sitting ahead of us was a mom-dad-3-kid group. The youngest would have been around four years old. I did not have to strain my ears too much to listen to their banter as they were clearly excited about their trip to Bangalore and were talking quite loudly about their holiday plans.

As the train started moving, the four year old shouts above all the other noise and banter,
"Mommy, which country are we going to today?"
The mom mumbled something and stuck a lollipop into the kid's mouth.
Please note that the question was 'which country are we going to today' and not just 'which city are we going to!

Something tells me that the 4 year olds thoughts are definitely way higher than my bank balance!

Hmmm, that needs some thought!



9 comments:

  1. Now a days kids are way too brilliant :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yup..but i m sure ur kid ll be foodie like u..lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. When i coming to chennai, a 10 yrs old boy was asking a laptop to his dad. His dad said okey and asking me about the brand to buy. Itha enna solrathu?

    ReplyDelete
  4. when i was in UKG a teacher asked me "What is the name of your country?". I replied "Singanallur". :D
    Kids today are definitely smarter :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Travelling helps you in observing people.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Our fathers would have said the same thing about us :).

    ReplyDelete